Since 1939, Shorehaven has earned the trust of older adults, family members and the community. Shorehaven continues to stay ahead of senior trends, while wrapping its arms around those right at home.
On the Shorehaven site in 1939, Shorehaven Founders established a legacy of Christ-centered care. The Lutheran Homes Society of Wisconsin was organized by Judge Alvin Brendemuehl, Rev. Herman Michelke, and Rev. T.K. Herbener. The Rosenkranz mansion was offered for sale on Lac La Belle’s south side and the Society purchased the property for about $6,000 as a home for the aged. In 1962 the Rosenkranz mansion was razed and a new nursing home was built, and renamed Shorehaven. Today, Shorehaven continues our Founders’ mission, “Reflecting Christ’s love, we provide homes and resources for seniors.”
- Accessible and responsive.
- We’re here to answer your questions.
- Experts on hand to offer valued research insights.
- We’re the caring team.
- Always wearing a variety of hats.
- A smile and a handshake goes a long way here!
- Feel free to comment on and share our blogs.
- Contact us for a blog idea.
- Let us educate, inform and interest you!
Shorehaven is . . .
a not-for-profit corporation that has been serving the needs of the senior population since 1939. We are committed to our mission: Reflecting Christ’s love, we provide homes and resources for seniors. We provide more than just the buildings. It’s our people that make the difference.